Sunday, October 19, 2014

Broome fishing - Day 8


Today Bruce would be heading back to Melbourne in the morning while my flight was after lunch. We thoroughly enjoyed our fishing trip and the highlight was definitely the 2 charters that we did with Barraddict. After Bruce left, I went to the tackle shop again to buy some items that I want to try in our S'pore/M'sian waters. Here's a spread of items that I would like to see catch some local fish!



All in all, I would say this trip was really awesome, especially the charter with Barraddict. I prefer fishing where the there is less travel time and more fishing time. Seems like a waste of time to steam 1hr plus out to sea to catch fish. And all the charters seem to fish only for 6hrs. From the time the first line enters the water till the time to reel up line to go home, it seems to be always 6hrs. Although we had to drive 90mins to get to Eco Beach, the fishing spot was only 1km from shore. That's just awesome. From what I gathered, there's isn't a single public boat ramp anywhere near Eco Beach. So this place is isolated and Barraddict is the ONLY charter to operate these waters. And we practice catch and release so there is almost zero fishing pressure. Kurt also keeps a log of what/how many fish we catch, apparently it is required by the WA fishing authorities.

I also find the fishing operators here treat the fish very well. Any fish that is to be kept, is immediately spiked to kill it and then bled. They even insist on spiking the fish before I can take pictures with it! Maybe I should practice that when I fish in S'pore/M'sian waters the next time. Does it make the fish flesh tastes better? Honestly........ I can't tell the difference!

No comments:

Post a Comment