Sunday, October 12, 2014

Broome fishing - Day 1

Reached Perth and transiting for 4hrs for my flight to Broome. Too early, nobody at Terminal.......zzzzzzzzz


Chose a window seat so that I could get a nice view of Broome when we make an approach. Well rewarded! I got to see the Broome Jetty and Cable Beach from the air




Touched down in Broome and it's hot like Singapore but less humid. 1 baggage carousel, that's how small the airport is!

Bruce picked me up and off we went to the hotel that we were booked in for the whole week. 5 mins later and we're there! Really small town.

The room at the Moonlight Bay Suites were nice, comes with kitchenette and 3 beds. After dumping my stuff, we went to check out the Broome pier.



The waters were emerald green and deep blue. Walked the length of the pier and a few people were fishing. But didn't see anyone hook up any fish.




After that, we visited the local tackle shop, Tackle World to pick up my Shimano TCurve Travel Trop rod that I had reserved. I'm going to pair this rod with my Stradic Ci4 3000 to fish here in Broome.

Did some grocery shopping for breakfast as well as cooking the fish that we were going to catch. I bought 2 packets of pre-mix curry and garlic paste.

We made a detour to the drive-thru bottle shop. The beer of choice? Pure Blonde! We bought a case, ie 24 bottles with the plan of 2 beers each after each fishing day.

No comments:

Post a Comment