Friday, October 10, 2014

Getting ready for Broome

Can't wait to go on my fishing trip of a lifetime! Broome baby!!

Had arranged for this trip with Bruce as he also wanted to fish at this awesome destination. So its going to be 8 day trip with 3 charters booked and free days in between to explore the area on our own.

I'm packing the following to use:
Rod - 3-piece Shimano TCurve Revolution Overhead
Reel - Shimano Talica II, Stradic Ci4 3000, and Slade 4000
Tackle box filled with various lures, madai, jigs and micro jigs.
I'm planning to buy another Shimano TCurve Revolution Travel Tropical rod which I've asked the Broome tackle shop to hold for me.

I've read forum posts that sometimes the Australian Customs confiscate Berkley Gulp soft plastics as they are considered as bait and we all know how particular the Customs are with such things. So I decided to leave my stash at home and purchase new ones in tackle shops over there.

I've got a bucket list of fish that I hope to catch while I'm over there.
1. Spangled Emperor
2. Yellowfin or longfin Tuna
3. Mahi Mahi
4. Barramundi > 75cm
5. Jewfish
6. Giant Threadfin
7. Giant Trevally
8. Mulloway

Let's hope I can cross some out from the list!

No comments:

Post a Comment