Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Revenge

Decided to launch at Sembawang Park again after being busted off the previous week. Was drifting around the shallows when spotted some nervous baitfish splashing around. Casted a live prawn near the splashes and did a few twitches. Next thing I know, I was connected solidly to a hard tugging fish. The fish started to take line, looking for snags to bust me off but I managed to steer it into less snaggy areas. After a few circles around my kayak and a few headshakes for good measure, I managed to land the beauty. Was a superb fighter and was truly stoked at catching my biggest Barramundi to date!


Gear used:
Rod - Shimano TCurve Tropical PE 1-2
Reel - Shimano Saros 1000F
Line - generic 20lb braid
Bait - live prawn
Rig - Carolina style

Fish ID - Barramundi (Lates calcarifer)


No comments:

Post a Comment