Sunday, December 18, 2011

Upgrading rod

After breaking my telescopic rod on my last trip on Ah Fong's boat, I decided I needed a better rod for fishing. But I still liked the idea of the rod being small and portable. I searched the Web again and found Shimano had a range of rods that are designed for traveling anglers.

Shimano TCurve Revolution Travel Inshore series

Problem was these rods were meant for the Australian market and I can't find similar products in Singapore.

So on my next visit to Australia, I managed to find a tackle shop that stocked these rods. I had a feel for all of them in the range and after speaking to the tackle shop owner, he suggested I get the Tropical version.


Specs:
Length - 1.83m
Sections - 3
Reel type - Spinning
Line rating - 5-8kg (11-17lb)
Lure rating - 10-35g

It was light, flexible and each section only measured 3ft. I think it will fit perfectly for boat as well as kayak fishing.

I also collected another 4 pieces of Shimano Eclipse Telescopic rod. 2 piece of 6ft and 2 piece of 6ft6in. These have PE0.8 rating.

I also purchased another Shimano Saros 1000F reel since I planned to start bringing 2 rods out for kayak fishing.


No comments:

Post a Comment