Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Small CnR

Day off today and went kayak fishing.

Decided to launch near Changi Boardwalk. Launched at sunrise and brought with me some frozen market prawns. Within 5 mins I was the fishing spot that I wanted to try out.

Tossed out my thawed prawn into the water and waited. Nothing for about 20mins so moved a bit to another spot. Next cast, I let the bait sink to bottom and began small twitches back to the kayak. Then I felt a small take. Slight rod bending and up came a small Chocolate Hind aka Arumugam fish. CnR.




The next fish to come up was another small grouper. CnR


Decided to call it a day around 1130am.

Still figuring out where best to place all my stuff on the kayak.


Gear used:
Rod - Shimano Eclipse Telescopic 3-4kg
Reel - Tica
Line - generic 8lb monofilament
Bait - live prawn
Rig - Carolina style

Fish ID - Chocolate Hind aka Arumugam (Cephalopholis boenak)

No comments:

Post a Comment