Thursday, May 5, 2011

First kayak fishing trip on Airis Sport 11

Since I did my kayak wet test at Changi Boardwalk area, it seems pretty natural to head there for my first kayak fishing adventure!

Armed with my new telescopic rod paired with Tica reel and some dead prawn, I started my kayak fishing adventure at sunrise. After a short paddle to the spot, dropped my line over. I was using the same Carolina rig like my last kayak fishing trip with Merv. The current was moving rather fast and I kept having to paddle back to the spot. As usual, I got 'sangkut' quite a few times due to the rocky nature of the bottom. By the time I re-tied my rig, I had drifted quite a distance from the spot. Paddling back to the spot each time was rather tiring!

Then around 9am, I felt a little tap on the end of the line. Getting ready, 'tap, tap'. STRIKE! Hookup! Fish ON! Didn't feel too heavy and I brought up the fish with ease. Up came a small Grouper. Yay! My first fish on my kayak!



Nice markings on the fish too. Since it was a small fish, I released it after the photos. That was the only action I had and I called it a day at 11am. Not much action but I rather enjoyed the peace and solitude on the water!

Gear used:
Rod - Shimano Eclipse Telescopic 3-4kg
Reel - Tica
Line - generic 8lb monofilament
Bait- dead prawn
Rig - Carolina style

No comments:

Post a Comment