Saturday, October 31, 2015

DIY Line Spooling device

After some research and sourcing of materials, I've managed to built my line spooling device.

Got the inspiration from some designs online.

Wood - Went to a furniture factory in an industrial estate and looked for unwanted scraps. Just so happens they had a small laminated piece and got it for free!

Metal threaded rod/springs/L-bracket - scoured the hardware shops in Bendemeer/Kelantan Lane and found the right diameter. Paid $6 for everything.


Taped 2 pieces of laminated wood together with Duct tape to prevent wood splinters. Screwed in the L-bracket.


Drilled a hole in the middle of the 2-piece wood to insert the metal rod. Secured in place with 2 bolts.


Glued non-slip mat on the bottom.


I bought the conical spacers and wing-nut clamps online as no shop in Singapore seems to know what I was talking about!



The spooling device is basically to provide tension on the new spool as you wind in the line onto your reels. I would sometimes put some additional tension on the new spool using my feet.


No comments:

Post a Comment