Thursday, September 21, 2017

Rompin #4 - Day 2 - Mixed bag day

Ordered 50 pcs of live prawn for bottom fishing.

Our first stop was an unjam to the north-west of Tioman. Bottom wasn't producing any significant sized fish. We also put out our Tenggiri rigs on balloons.

Deckie Din was tossing out Pintails most of the morning and we managed to score 2 Tenggiris.


I had a go with my lures, a pink metal vibe which I bought from Japan. Made a cast out and reeled it back erratically. Hookup! The fish took off with the lure towards an unjam and before I could steer it clear, the fish dropped off. Checked on the lure and true enough, the trademark teeth marks of Tenggiri!

Kept persisting with the lure and once again hookup! Quickly reeled and the fish was swimming towards the boat, next thing I felt was the fish dropped again! Darn it! Picked up the slack line and suddenly there was a quick pull and nothing........ Main braided line cut clean through!

Man that worked up the heartbeat!

As I was tying on a new leader and lure, my Blackmarket rod with the balloon live bait started to scream and serious rod bending action! I quickly pulled it out of the holder and set the hook. Fish gave a big jump and it was a nice looking Dolphin Fish aka Mahi Mahi. It was a fighter and took me round the boat. Missed 1 gaff shot before nailing it on the subsequent one. Very nice looking fish!



We managed to hook up another 2 tenggiris from the spot. I then lost 2 fish from a failed hookset.


We ended the day with a few more Squids in the ice box and the rest of the baitfish.

Both of us were pretty happy with this trip and the ice box was nicely filled with the fish that we wanted!








No comments:

Post a Comment