Friday, September 23, 2016

Preserving fish teeth and skulls - #10

Putting back a fish skull seems to be harder than expected! I must admit that my first attempt at putting back the skull was rather slow. I couldn't figure out which part goes where, even with the pictures that I took.

So I had to resort to intense research on the Internet for information on each part of the skull.

Finally had the necessary information and tried to piece them back together.








Finally completed!

The tough part was figuring out how the individual bones most likely fit as the skull is actually held together by flesh, skin and membranes.

I also omitted some parts that I think would have not contributed to a nicer skull structure.

From this:


to this:





There you have it! A close resemblance to an actual skull of a Coral Trout (Plectropomus leopardus)


Feel free to leave any comments on this whole process!

1 comment:

  1. I have read your blog it is very helpful for me. I want to say thanks to you. I have bookmark your site for future updates.
    fishing tackle online store

    ReplyDelete