Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Tokyo Tackle Shop

Was in Tokyo and decided to check out their tackle shops. After some online research, found one that was at Shibuya Metro station.

Johshuya Tackle shop seems to have quite a number of outlets all around Tokyo. This was the nearest one to my hotel and I totally forgot to print the directions. All I remember is that it's near the Shibuya Station.

So I alighted at the station and somehow I ended up at Tokyu Departmental Store exit. Looking around for some landmarks but couldn't recognize anything. So asked a kind policeman and he directed me in the correct direction.

If you make your way to the JR Rail exit, you'll see an outdoor bus interchange. Look left and you'll see a pedestrian bridge going across a busy intersection.


Go up and look left and you'll see the tackle shop signs.




The tackle shop occupies the 2nd, 3rd and 4th floors.

It is a well-stocked shop with everything an angler would need (and don't need but still buy!). They carry all sort of brands of lures/jigs but I'm not sure whether they are any cheaper than Sg. Reels also displayed and will make one lau nuah!

Just for comparison, I noted down the price of a few reels:

Ocea Jigger 1501 - 39,520 yen
Stella 2014 3000HG - 63,200yen
Stella C3000 - 62,400 yen

I don't know the prices for these reels in Sg so you can make your own conclusion.

And as all anglers do, I came away with my own personal stash of stuff! Here they are:


Finally found my equipment for iki jime. Ice picks and the metal wire to 'destroy' the spinal cord.


Daiwa Tenya's. I don't know if they are cheap as compared to Sg.


My squidding set. Let's see how these babies perform on my next squidding trip.


1 comment:

  1. I have read your blog it is very helpful for me. I want to say thanks to you. I have bookmark your site for future updates.
    fishing tackle online store

    ReplyDelete