Sunday, February 15, 2015

Visiting a tackle shop in Yokohama

Was in Yokohama so I decided to check out a tackle shop there. It was a bit hard to find because everything there is in Japanese. So with the help of Google Map, I tried to make my way to Joshuya Tackle shop in Yokohama. Managed to finally find the shop, which is located at the basement of a building.


The only inkling I had was the 'Fishing' sign at the side of the building. Made my way to the basement and found it. This place is packed to the brim with all sorts of stuff! Now I get to see first hand how passionate the Japanese are with their fishing! As no photography was allowed inside, I respected the shop's wishes and only took a picture of the outside.

There all sorts of tackle and in my opinion, they were not cheap. Some gear, I don't even know what they are used for! Some familiar items like Ocea Jigger HG were also available. After conversion, it's about S$450. Cheaper? I don't know.......

But the egi section was the one that blew me away! There were so many equipment, gear, tackle just to tackle the humble squid! Although they have the standard prawn-shaped lure for squid, they also carry a smaller tube-like lures, which comes in a myriad of colours. These tube-like lures were supposed to be fished sabiki-style for squids. And a sabiki-style string of these lures were selling at about S$14!! Was very tempted to buy it, but I got no trips to Rompin for squids.

Browsed around for an hour and bought a few things that I've not seen in Singapore. Here's the 'loot'!




A few micro jigs and circle hook sabikis. I've not seen circle hooks sabikis in Singapore, have you? 

Hope to try out a few of these on my next fishing trip.


No comments:

Post a Comment