Monday, December 16, 2013

New gear for local waters fishing

Having seen the rod and reel combo that I had bought for deep sea fishing, I think it would overkill to use that for local waters fishing, not to mention being heavy as well. So I thought I better have another outfit for local water fishing.

I had an eye on the Shimano Talica II series. These were smaller sized overhead reels and also offered the 2-speed gearing system. It fits a bit smaller in my hand but still quite comfortable. The Talica 8 II was the smallest in the series and would be just nice for local water fishing. Ka-ching! Another purchase made.





Now I need a rod with baitcasting version to pair with the reel. As I was browsing FishingKaki classifieds, I saw a post selling a Eupro Salty Fighter custom rod with spiral guides. The selling price was also attractive so I messaged the seller to say I'm interested. So I went to meet him and had a look at the rod. It was a butt-joint rod, PE 0.8-2.0 rod. Condition was pretty good so I bought the rod from the seller.


I also bought a spinning version of Eupro Giant King butt-joint PE0.8-2.0 jigging rod. After watching some jigging videos online, I felt like this could be the next 'style' of fishing that I would try.



For the Talica 8, I went with Fireline Tracer 40lb. I also bought Spiderwire Invisibraid, Spiderwire FluoroBraid and Fireline Crystal for my other smaller reels.

No comments:

Post a Comment