Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Another colourful Grouper

Launched at Pasir Ris again hoping to get some bigger fish. Went towards the kelong areas again in search for the 1kg specimens.

Anchored up near the eastern-most kelong and started fishing. Very quiet morning, only a few nibbles here and there. Moved a few times until the last spot. Decided that that was going to be the last spot of the day. As I was getting my stuff ready to head back to shore, I placed my rod under my lap. Then I felt a slight movement. Looked up to see the rod tip going 'tap, tap, tap'. I quickly grabbed my rod in anticipation of the next tap. Instead of a tap, the rod tip bent straight down and I quickly strike the rod. Fish ON! The fish made a few short runs then I managed to reel it up. Up comes a Brown-Marbled Grouper. This fella was under a kg so after a few shots, it was released.




With that last minute action, I was left a happy kayak fisho!

Gear used:
Rod - Shimano Eclipse Telescopic 3-4kg
Reel - Shimano Saros 1000F
Line - generic 20lb braid
Bait - dead prawn
Rig - Carolina style

Fish ID - Brown-Marbled Grouper (Epinephelus fuscoguttatus)

No comments:

Post a Comment